Saturday, December 13, 2008

As promised....



















I really am right back to make another entry as promised! I am sorry that I haven't posted much lately. Things are just a little bit to crazy. I wish it were different.
I feel as if every time I come on to post I only have bad news, I don't like it when it is like that. I hate being a downer but I guess life happens to all of us.
This post is no different, it is gloomy too. I do have some good news though. My girlfriend, Kathy, is doing better. She is still not fully awake and her left arm is still paralyzed but they have seen movement in the left leg. They are weaning her off the sedatives to see how she responds to things. She does realize there are people in the room. She makes movements and her blood pressure goes up when you talk to her or touch her so all of that is very limited. We have to sit quietly. She still has the trach in so she isn't able to talk. They are hoping that by Christmas or the New Year she will be able to talk. Praise the Lord. There is still the worry of infection and things but her progonis is good.
Yesterday morning I was sitting here making the rounds to go everyone's journal and trying to get comments in so people didn't think I had totally forgotten them! I was very happy, one of the twins was home, he came home Thursday night and him (John) and I were going up to Grand Valley to get Josh. Josh's indoor track team had a meet Friday evening and John was going to stay there with Josh for the meet (Josh was not running in this meet he just had to be there for the team) and then the team was having a Christmas party after. I was going to go to Muskegon to stay the night with my girlfriend and then pick the boys up on my way home on Saturday and come home. I went upstairs to wake John up to take a shower so we could get on the road. I was sitting back down here at the computer when John walked into the room. He was crying, he said "Mom, Nick died last night" I think my brain did not want to register what he had just said cuz I just sat there looking at him. I finally said "Nick who?" I know John must of thought I had lost my marbles cuz I know without a doubt who Nick is. He has been one of the twins best friends since we moved here. He was actually the first friend that they made and the first friend to stay the night here with them and them over at his house. Needless to say our plans for the day changed drastically. John and I drove out to Grand Valley. We told Josh. Neither of them wanted to stay for the meet or the party. We spoke to the coach and he told me to take Josh home to be with is friends here. The boys went to a gathering at another friends house last night. They are still upstairs sleeping right now. I don't know how things went last night.
I don't know alot of details about his death. I do know that Nick has had some issues with drugs. He was using perscription drugs but they were not his perscription. He was buying them. John told me on the drive out to GV that he and some other friends of his had decided that they were going to spend alot of time with Nick over Christmas break and get him away from the people that he had been hanging out with who were involved with this drug stuff also. I do know that the man that was supplying the drugs to Nick was arrested yesterday. Nick was at his house when he died of a drug overdose. The man did not call the police, he called Nick's girlfriend who came over and found Nick on the floor but it was to late. Needless to say my twins, along with many of the other kids, his parents and siblings and all his family members, are devastated.
I know Nick was making some bad choices lately. But Nick was a good kid, a very good kid. I also know that he knew the Lord as his Savior and that he is resting with Jesus now.
Please keep Nicks family and friends in your prayers.

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is so sad. Such a young man and with so much to look forward too. We can only pray that others will be affected by this and wake up to the dangers of drugs. I've heard there is a lot of that going on now. Kids are taking things they know nothing about. You'll all be in my prayers. I know how difficult it is to loose someone close. It's not even a month now since my little grandson died. He was an innocent with no drugs or anything, yet God choose to take him home. Sometimes we just don't know the whys. 'On Ya'-ma

Tawnya said...

Oh Linda, that is so sad!! I am praying for your boys... I am sorry that they had to go through this... If you need anything please let me know...

Diama ~*a.k.a*~ Cherry said...

Im happy to hear your friend is find those damn infections are the worst i should know i just got out from having one!! Sorry to hear about nick but im glad that josh and the twin arent out there like that and that they are safe.

Brandi said...

I'm glad your friend is doing better and heartbroken for your son's friend. I don't care what anyone does in life, a kid's death is so heartbreaking.

I'm thinking of you guys.

Allison said...

This was a little gloomy. I will keep Kathy in my prayers as well as Nick's family. Very sad. Hope you have a happier weekend. : ) Be sure to smile!

Ken Riches said...

How tragic, for every one involved. This close to Christmas, it is very difficult to handle.

Know that Nick's family, and yours, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to All.

Beth said...

Linda, that is just so sad and tragic about Nick. I'm sure it's very upsetting to your twins, and I hope that you all will be able to talk about it during this holiday break. Your boys will need lots of love and support, and I know you're more than prepared to give it.

I'm glad your friend is doing better. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Love, Beth

Bridgett said...

Oh my. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

I'm so sorry about the loss of your family friend. That's awful. Especially somebody so young.

Thank God his supplier was arrested.

Hang in there, sweetie. And give your boys extra hugs from all us tonight.

XOXO

Bookncoffee said...

Oh I hate this has happened with the young man, Nick. So sad to lose youth. I know that this really is devastating to those of his friends. Big hugs to you all.
Sonya

Christy said...

Oh I'm so sorry about the loss of Nick. I'm praying for John and Josh as they grieve for the loss of Nick, and for you as you grieve as well and try to console your boys in the best way possible.

(((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

PS glad to read there is some good news on your friend though.

betty said...

oh that is just so sad, Linda; that has to be so hard for his friends and family; I'll keep all in my prayers; I'm so glad Nick knew the Lord; that is comforting to know

I'm glad Kathy's doing better though; thanking the Lord for that :)

betty

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Aw, gee, Linda, that is so sad and tragic. There are many, many good kids who get caught up in drugs and in no way deserve to die from it. I pray your guys are able to deal with this and pray for all Nick's family and friends. HUGS