Sunday, December 14, 2008

Better day

























































Yes we had family pictures done today. They took over 50 different pictures. I have Holiday ones of the entire family and just regular ones of the whole family. I have some of Aiden alone and some of just Aiden and Jeremy. I also got some of Manda and her b/f Zac. I did get a few of Jeremy alone because I wanted one to put on the "gradautaion" wall. I have pictures of graduation pics of all the kids but Jeremy graduated after his class so he never had graduation pics done. Well now he is up there on the wall with the rest of his brothers and sister.
I was very happy that they were all here and we made it to the photo place and got all the pictures done with no problems. I thought Aiden was not going to coperate at first but when he realized this was going to be fun he did good. The holiday pics of the whole family, he didn't not smile in a single one of them! Grrrr oh well he smiled for the rest of them.
John and Josh went over to visit Nick's parents last night. Nick's mom asked them if they could make a collage of pictures of Nick. They have been busy with that. Lots of facebooks pics that have Nick in them. I have been teaching them how to add them to our computer and then I send them to CVS to be printed. I love getting my pics that way. I never have to take my camera to the store, I just upload to my computer and then pick the ones I want, and CVS prints them out and I go get them. Wonderful! So the boys have been busy with that. The funeral is Tuesday. There is going to be only the one day. Two hours of viewing before the funeral and then the funeral. I have to take the twins to get some dress pants. They have shirts but no dress pants. I am going to go to the funeral as well but I am going to let the boys go with thier friends. Mark and I will go alone. It will not be a good day and I think they need to be around thier friends.
All the kids stayed after the pictures and I made a big batch of spaghetti for dinner. They all stuffed themselves with that! Manda and Zac are staying the night since Zac has a dr. appointment tomorrow out this way so they will just stay and go to that tomorrow and then home after that. I don't mind, I love having them here. I have to work in the morning. Yuck. I hope there is no more snow tonight to make my drive horrible in the morning!
Well time to do dishes, have a great evening.

16 comments:

betty said...

beautiful family!!! loved all the pictures of the family Linda! you are all so blessed!!!

that is nice that the boys are helping Nick's mom get pictures together; at times like this people want to help but sometimes don't know what to do; its good they are able to be of service to her; just so sad

betty

Tawnya said...

The pics turned out really good!!! You have a great looking family!!! You guys will me in my thoughts on Tuesday.... Let me know if you need anything....

LYN said...

FABULOUS PICS!!

Brandi said...

I loove all the pics. My family needs to do this, seriously.

Bridgett said...

You really have a beautiful family, love. You must be so proud. :)

Your twins will be okay. They still have that youthful optimism. But this will be an eye-opener for them. It's so nice of them to make the collage of pictures for Nick's mom. You raised some good boys, L.

Thinking of you all...

Bridgett

- said...

The pictures look great Linda!

I've been meaning to get some of my photography printed out at CVS. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Linda's World said...

Hi Linda, thanks for stopping by my Blog. Oh I pity anyone who works at a hospital when the weather is bad. One thing I always noticed was that even in a heavy rain, our supervisor would call in & say she was "working from home." Yeah Right!! She lived closer than anyone but yet was always working from home when it was nasty out. I love your family pictures. Wish I could get my family together like that. But my daughter had a stroke (I read about your friend) 6 years ago and is housebound except for doctor's appointments. She will not go out for any other reason & then it's a huge ordeal. Have a great week...Linda in Washington state

Beth said...

Great pictures, Linda! I like the one in front of the wreath the best. Everyone looks very happy and natural!

I know the funeral won't be easy. My thoughts are with Nick's family, and with yours.

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Glad your were able to get the wonderful family pictures into the hectic routine.

Allison said...

I really loved the pictures. Especially of you, you have such a pretty smile. Hope you have a happy Tuesday. : )

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family. Great pics

Missie said...

Beautiful family pictures. I should try to get a family picture soon.

Enjoy your day.

Missie said...

Beautiful family pictures. I should try to get a family picture soon.

Enjoy your day.

Princess said...

I love the pictures! Your family is beautiful, and Aiden is such a little cutie! Hope everything is well your way, and hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Christy said...

OH the pictures are beautiful!!!!!

Christy said...

I'm praying for Nick's family. I pray that yesterday was as gentle as it could be for his mom too. I don't know if you're friends with his mom but the New Year may be difficult for her as well, I know it was horrible for me, to enter into a year that Jordyn had never lived just broke my heart.

Praying for all of them and your boys as well.