Monday, December 8, 2008

Sorry

I am sorry I haven't posted lately. Things have been rather crazy and a little upsetting. I know that I have posted many times about camping and how much we love it. We have a group of 13 different couples that we camp with. Well I guess they aren't all couples, a few are single people but there are 13 different campers that all camp together, I guess there is like 20 some of us that all go together. Anyways.....one of the couples that camp with us are very good friends of mine. Kathy and Stan. They live in Alma which is very close to Mt. Pleasant, where my son John goes to college. When we have gone to visit John we have gone to see Stan and Kathy also. Stan acutally went with Mark to move John into his dorm when John first moved in. Stan is retired and Kathy is also but she is only 55, Stan is 63. I love this couple, they are so sweet. Kathy had a stroke last Sunday. She had a bleed in her head, they think it had been bleeding for quite some time. The blood had been pooling in her head for awhile and the pressure of the pooled blood finally pushed the vein (the one that was leaking blood) up against her brain and it caused a stroke. Kathy had surgery on Monday after being transfered to a larger hospital in Saginaw. The hospital in Alma was unable to deal with something like this. They had no neurology department. She is doing as well as can be expected but she is still not awake. She is paralyzed on the left side. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Her grandchildren are just devastated. They spent alot of time with her. One is 15, one is 11 and she has a new little one who is just 4 months old. Right now there is not really a prognosis. She is still alive and has made it through the first week so that is good. They want her to remain still for about another week and then we will see...............It is so difficult to visit her.

13 comments:

Bridgett said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry about your friend. That's just awful and she's so young too.

Keeping you all in my thoughts.

XOXO

Beth said...

Oh, that's terrible. I hope she has a full recovery. Only 55...jeez. My thoughts are with you and her family.

Beth

Sugar said...

sorry to hear of what happened to your friend.
please know i'll have her in my prayers, & also her family.
contact me if i can help.
God bless...

Ken Riches said...

Sorry about your friend. I am sure that her husband is very upset. Hugs to you :o)

Tawnya said...

I am so sorry about your friend... I will keep them and you in my prayers.... Hugs to you. If you need anything please let me know.... Even if it is to talk.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so sorry and will pray for your friend and her family. Life does take us by surprise and it is never easy in times like that. Hopefully she'll make a good recovery. 'On Ya'- ma

Brandi said...

I am so very sorry for your friend. I am keeping her, her family, and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Many hugs.

B

Princess said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she recovers! I hope everything else is good with you. Stay strong!

Allison said...

That is so sad to hear. She will be in my prayers tonight. Hope you will have a happy Tuesday. : )

betty said...

oh Linda, I'm so sorry; I'll keep your dear friend in my prayers

betty

LYN said...

that is so tragic...I will keep your friend in my prayers...

D said...

ohhhhh man I am so sorry. Sending good thoughts, strength and prayers. Keep us posted
hugs

Gillie said...

I am sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for your friend.
xx