
Hello! Yes I have been absent for a little over a week now, I needed a little break I guess. Life has been a little crazy and has thrown a few curve balls my way in the past few weeks but I am feeling much better now.
I know that my last post was in regards to the accident that I was in on wednesday of last week. Unfortunatly the very next day I was involved in another accident while I was taking my son back to school. No one was hurt but it was enough to put me over the edge. Mentally I had had it. I needed a little break from everything for a bit. I am doing much better now and am ready to get back to normal life. Driving still scares me a great deal but I am driving. I even drove in the snow that we had yesterday. I didn't want to but I was out getting my hair done with my stepdaugther and we were at the salon for 3 hours so it has snowed pretty good while we were there. I just took it slow and I was fine. I just wish the snow and ice would stop for the year but I know we still have a long way to go with this winter so I am going to just have to deal with it.
John and Josh are both back to school now. I miss them alot. It was nice having them home for Christmas break.
I am doing well with weight watchers. I will weigh in again this Tuesday night. I am not giving up on this even if I don't see losses each week I need to hang in there cuz it will happen if I just keep at it.
I haven't been to the gym much since the accident. I had a concussion and was extreamly sore for a few days after. The headaches are gone now so I am ready to go back. I did make a change in gyms yesterday though. I belonged to the YMCA, acutally the whole family did. I paid monthly dues for the whole family to go and although it is a beautiful place with great equipment, it was not econmical for me to continue to go there. They opened a new gym right down the street from me (the Y is about 15 minutes from me) and they had their grand opening party yesterday. I went to it and have decided to join there. It will save me over $40 a month to go. I was the only one using the Y, none of the kids or Mark used it. The twins used to but now that they are gone to school they haven't. I am going to cancel the Y tomorrow and start going to the new place. I think I am going to be happy with the move.
We are meeting some friends this morning for coffee so I better get off here and get ready to go. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
14 comments:
understand your need for a break, bless your heart.
glad to hear you're doing well at ww, just cont to hang in there. sounds like the right decision to change gyms.
huggies...
I completely understand the need for a break.
You've been through a lot lately.
Keep up with the WW, you're doing wonderful.
XOXO
I'm sorry about that second accident, but Im very glad your ok! I hope things get better for u!! Also, i hope you enjoy the new gym!! I need to start going to the gym myself!! Hope things are looking up for you!!
Glad that you found a new gym that is closer, and cheaper to boot :o)
One accident is bad enough, but 2 is hard to take. I'd probably have lost it too. I've grown to be a very slow driver in the winter time. It seems the only safe way to go. I have never gone to a gym or weight watchers, but I do wish you the best. 'On Ya'-ma
We all need a break once in awhile. But I was sorry to hear about your two car accidents! That's two too many for anyone. My supplement to Medicare pays for me to go for fitness training. I can go to the Y and they'll pay for it but I'd rather go to Curves where there are only women in attendance. Right now I'm waiting for my 2009 insurance card & then I can get back to Curves. Have a wonderful Sunday, Linda in cold & foggy Washington state
I think a second accident after the horrible first, would of put me over the edge too. I'm proud of you for getting back out there. I was worried my daughter wouldn't after her accident (it was a year ago Oct. Her car flipped several times and the roof caved in). Yet she's out there driving in the worst of it. (Hugs)Indigo
(((Linda))) I was worried about your, knowing about your first accident; so sorry to hear about the second one as well :(
it is so hard to drive on snow/ice; I always drove with clinched hands on the steering wheel and lots of "help me Lord"; that is one thing I do not miss
you are brave for getting back behind the wheel though; each driving experience will gain you a bit more self confidence but I know it will be scary for a bit
I'm glad you took a break; we need to do it all the time and more than we do; it is good to put journals into perspective; they are wonderful and we have great friends here but we need to also take care of ourselves, out families, etc.
glad you joined the new gym! I think it was wise to do; good decision to do so
betty
You did need a break! Great job keeping up with all of the weight loss!!!
God Bless
The soreness will get better and you'll get back on track. I can only imagine how afraid you were to get back behind the wheel of a car...but you did it girl! Good for you!
Connie
I'm so glad you're feeling better. I totally understand your need to just "get away from it all" for a little while! Happy you're back, though. :)
Sounds like your move to a new gym is a smart one. Paying for a gym does no good if people don't go, and its proximity will help keep you motivated!
Love, Beth
I'm sorry to hear about that second accident, but I'm glad your OK! I'm glad you're feeling better.
Another accident? Oh dear! Thank God you're okay.
Have a good week.
I would take a break too! Two accidents in less than a week is enough to push anyone over the edge!!
xx
Post a Comment