Saturday, January 3, 2009




















I guess that plans that are made but don't happen can end up being a really good thing! I got to spend New Years Eve ringing in the New Year with my favorite boy, Aiden! Mark and I were able to pick him up and take him over to my BIL's and he spent the night with us. Yes he stayed up until midnight and he had a pot and wooden spoon to bang the pan with and ring the New Year in correctly! I loved it.
Today I cleaned our office out, and there was lots of paper that was thrown out today! I am very happy with the results though. Maybe I can get something done now!
I also went to the mall today and got my new pages for my franklin planner. I guess I just let that slip my mind, that I needed new 2009 pages. I have them now and I put them in my planner. Kristen (my stepdaugther) went shopping with me and got new jeans and a new purse with her Christmas money. She was very happy.
A very odd, funny thing happened tonight though. Kristen had asked if she could go to a hockey game with her friend, Ashley. Ashely's mom is very good friends with Kristens mom so I didn't think it would be an issue so I said yes. Come to find out when Kristen was picked up, it was Ashley's dad's weekend so it was Ashley's dad that came to pick her up. Not that I was worried about that, my husband has met Ashley's dad and he was fine with all of it. I did ask my husband if Ashley's step mom was in the car because Kristen had told me that Ashley did not like her step mom so I thought it might be an uncomfortable night for them if she was there but Mark said there wasn't anyone else in the car. So all was well. About a half an hour later I got a text from Kristen that said "do you know Joanne (she gave a last name but I am not going to put it in here)" I immediatly called Kristen cuz Joanne has been a friend of my familys since I was born. Joanne's mom and my mom were best friends, we grew up togthere next door to each other but it has been years since we lost touch. Since my mom died ten years ago to be exact. I knew Kristen must of met Joanne somewhere so I asked her "where did you see Joanne at and how is she and yack yack yack!!!!" Kristen told me that Joanne is Ashleys step mom. OMG! LOL! So now this is going to be so much drama. Kristen's mom and Ashley's mom are really good friends and Ashley does not like her step mom and I am Kristens step mom so I am already not the best of friends with Kristen's mom and Ashleys mom so I bet the fact that Joanne and her husband are coming over for dinner this week is not going to go over well!!! Oh well what can I say? LOL, life is so much fun.
I have so much else to tell you all but I need to get to bed. I am just happy to have the extra time to be able to blog and read entries and catch up. Tomorrow I will write more!

11 comments:

Ken Riches said...

My head is spinning trying to keep up :o)

Amy said...

Im lost!

haha!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope all goes well with that situation for you. It's good anyway that you had a nice New Year's and thanks for the reminder...I need to get those planner pages in mine too. Having so many days off here in the last 2 weeks has thrown me of schedule I guess. Have a great Sunday.
'On Ya'-ma

kelly said...

too much drama for me.. I hope all goes well .. what a small world..Heh?
Kelly~

betty said...

oh how I loved reading about Aiden welcoming in the new year! I bet he had a great noisy time!! I would have loved being there too!

so interesting about Joann and her past relationship and now potential current relationship; you have to know it was not a coincidence that she is going back into your life; now its interesting if you are to be a witness to her with your relationship with the Lord etc.

lots to think about for sure

Happy new year Linda and family!!

betty

D said...

wow... small world!! LOL
Good luck getting things in order
hugs

Princess said...

sounds complicated! lol but it should be alright!

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting things in order

Emmi said...

I love how the new year was rung in. Seen it done on TV like that but never knew anyone who did it. Very cool!

Bridgett said...

Okay, that was a bit confusing. LOL

Glad your New Year's was memorable for you!!

XOXO

Slacker Mom said...

I think I kept up with the "Who's Who!"

Good that ya found an old friend and proves how small the world is getting!