Where in the world have I been? I think I almost forgot about my journal. I do manage to read the journals I follow and I even manage to comment at times but for some reason I just don't seem to make the time to post. What is up with that? I am going to have to get much better at that!
Well the twins are done with thier freshman year of college and are home for the summer. They both have thier jobs at McDonalds back and are working full time already. They love them there. They have been working there for almost four years so they don't need to be trained, they just pick up where they left off. I sure did miss them while they were gone but my my my now that they have been home for a few weeks and they have learned to fight with each other again............hummmm is it August yet? You should all remind me of this post in September when I am crying because I miss them so much again!
I know you all know that I ran the Nike Women's marathon last Ocotber for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I got my girlfriend, Brenda, to run it with me. Well this year I have an extra special someone running the Detroit Free Press Marathon in October with me. One of my twins, John, is running it with me. He will be raising the money to run it also. We will be fundraising and training together. He will of course beat the pants off of me in the race but that's ok, we will be doing it together. I will put a link to my page on here when I get it all set up so you can all see the progress I am making in my running. John already runs alot. Over 40 miles a week. I on the other hand have not run since the last marathon in October! So it is start over time for me! I did three miles on Saturday and I did two today. Tomorrow is another two mile day. I also have a Zoomba class that i have to do tomorrow. I am going to be one sore little lady tomorrow!
Well we have the camper out. We went camping for a week and came home for a week and Mark just pulled it back on site today. We will be there until the first of June. I am looking forward to it. Some relaxing time is coming my way. Well after I finish my daily run I will relax.
My weight loss has been coming along slowly. I haven't gained any back but I have not been losing as quickly as I would like either. I am hoping that adding the running in will help. I need to get my butt back on track with tracking points and going to meetings so I am held accountable. I can tell as soon as I miss a meeting that I am not doing so well. It is amazing how those things keep you straight!
Well I need to shower and get to bed. Have a great one.
5 comments:
Hope you get into a routine and that the weight just melts away. Glad your boys are home :o)
It's been a while! Glad everything is going well!
I've seen you updating on Facebook, so I knew you were okay! Glad to hear that things are going well in your little corner of the world. Hugs, Beth
Glad to hear you are camping again. You know I love it too. Keep in touch when you can and let us know how you are doing.
Gotta love summer!
I've sure missed reading your posts.
As for WW, I completely understand. I had to quit going to weigh-ins because I just couldn't afford the $50/month so they could weigh me in...
Since then, I've gained 4 pounds. ::sigh::
But I'm determined not to gain more.
XXOO
Post a Comment