Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The summer

My summer has truly been awesome. We have spent alot of time at the camper this year. It has been alot of fun. I was also able to finally able to make up north to Black River/Harrisville to see my in laws cottage. No one has used this cottage in years, in fact no one has even visited it in two years now. My husband and my father in law would go up there for one day visits to make sure things were ok and to cut grass and things but for some reason I had never made it up there in the 7 years that we have been together. Well guess what? I fell in love with the place and can't wait to go back! It is so peaceful. Only a mile away from Lake Huron. There is park at the end of the street with a pavillion and grills and benches and picnic tables that is right on Lake Huron. It is actually right where the Black River connects with Lake Huron. I was there each morning with my chair pulled right up on the beach watching the waves roll in. Sitting there with my coffee, watching the water was pure Heaven for me! I will be spending lots more time there I can gurantee you that much!
This pic is what it looked like when w
e first go there, you can see my husband mowing the lawn if you look close!


This is what it looked like when we got the yard done!
I will post some pics of the inside tomorrow. It is just a one room cottage, well there is a bathroom that is not in the same room, and the place is entirely plumbed with toilet and shower. Hot water too! Ah the wo
nders of having a father in law and a husband that are plumbers!

This last picture is the view that I had as I sat in my chair and drank my morning coffe. I have more pics of it when it but will share those later. Oh how I want to go back!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Glad to see you back, Linda! Love the pics of the grandkids. Awww!

The cottage looks wonderful! I love little lakeside cottages like that...they're just so cozy and summery. Sort of like camping, but with a comfy bed and a hot shower. LOL Hugs, Beth

betty said...

what a gorgeous view with the waves! what a treasure to have this in your family :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice to be by the beach! I would like that too. Like you I have camped alot through the summer and have really enjoyed it, but to be on a beach by the lake would be really special. I love the pictures of your grand babes. How great to have one of each- a boy and a girl.

Ken Riches said...

Looks like your own slice of heaven :o)

Tawnya said...

Very nice!! I would want to go back too!!

nancy said...

Love the cottage with alot of tall flowers out front. Glad to see you posting again. Nancy

Bridgett said...

What an incredible way to spend your mornings!!!

Dawn said...

GORGEOUS! Enjoy!

be well...