Thursday, February 5, 2015

So here I am back again already! I have really forgotten how to post cute pictures and things in here but I will figure it out again I am sure!
I honestly was totally shocked when the dr told me I needed a hip replacement. My hip (or so I thought) never hurt. I thought I had an inner groin pull. A year and a half ago is around the time I first noticed it. Being a runner for most of my life I did all the things I would do for any other pulled muscle. Rest, ice, heat......It would appear to be better and I would start walking/running again. Within a few weeks it would be bothering me again. Four months ago it was hurting to the point where I knew I needed to see a dr but then I got a new job in a new hospital.......and I lived with it. Two months ago I was unable to live with the pain, went to primary care dr who did X-rays and said you need to see an Ortho dr. Well xrays showed bone on bone and surgery was needed.
I am so thankful that my new employer is so wonderful and told me to get it done asap and Come back soon! Makes me want to get better quickly and go back!
So that is exactly what I am doing. Also gathering recipes and workouts that I will be able to do now and in the future.
Well bedtime. More tomorrow

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are blessed to have such a nice employer. Sounds like it really needed to be done.

betty said...

Hopefully you'll make a quick recovery and get back to work as soon as you are released by your doctor!

betty

Back Porch Writer said...

Thanks for visiting the blog. I'll save your link and add to my blog list. Doing the blog is pretty easy and you'll be adding pics before you know it. Nice your employer is letting you have some time off. And hope all is well and that you heal quickly. So many of these things are routine now. We had a friend had same surgery and he did fine and rehap brought him back to where he went hiking with us again! Take care!