So apparently this is what happens when you have one day that warms up enough for neighbors to come out of hibernation!! It is so funny how every one comes out on a nice warm day. We all had to have a beer to celebrate the warmness. I, of course, had to have my new found favorite, MGD 64. Only 1 point! And it actually tastes good. Not as good as my "real" favorite, Bud Light in the bottle but that is 2 points so.........you know. It was good to see our neighbors even if it was only for a little bit. I know that spring is coming when this annual ritual takes place. It isn't always in our driveway as it was today but it does take place somewhere each year, on the first warm up day!
I also made it to the gym today. I really really didn't want to go today but I made myself. I had to work off that cookie, which by the way I did look up in the diners companion WW book. And the book does list Mrs. Fields and I found my treat. It was the peanut butter cookie cup and it was 11 points! 11??? Holy moses, good thing I don't use my 35 free points a week very often cuz I sure needed them for that! And that is where I logged it. In the free ones! Today I have been on track again. I even made a new recipe tonight. It was Chicken Cheese casserole and it was good. Here is the recipe:
2cups cooked macaroni (I used whole grain )
2 cups shredded chicken breast
2 cups condensed cream of chicken soup (I used fat free)
8 ounces low fat cheese ( I used the weight wathers package of mexican cheese)
2 cups fat free milk
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients and put in casserole dish and cook covered for 35-45 minutes, uncover and put back in for 10-15 minutes.
Yummy
I am totally engrossed in the shows tonight. Extreme Makeover, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. Not because I like all those shows but because I am listening to hear who the new cast of DANCING WITH THE STARS is going to be. I have heard the first 4 during Extreme makeover and am waiting to hear the ones announced during Desperate.
Lawrence Taylor (football)
Lil' Kim (singer)
Steve O (jack a** fame)
Nancy O'Dell (not sure)
I love Dancing with the stars!
Well I am off to see who else is going to be on it. I heard that Heidi Klum might be.
8 comments:
The chicken dish sounds really good. Your diet isn't bad at all. Lo-cal beer is something I'd never heard of. It was nice here but not warm enough to party outside for sure. 'On Ya'-ma
Love the recipe! And for the life fo me...I just dont understand how people can like beer! I can drink the occasional Corona...as long as it has tons of lime in it!
Connie
LMAO!!!!
It was about 55 here in MA.
When i took a drive to the shore though for some photos...it was liek -2 LOL...the winds were crazy.
I agree with Connie too...Corona with a lime, YES....Budweiser out of a can...No.
Mmm...that chicken casserole sounds good. I think I have a recipe very similar here too. I'll have to bring it out and compare.
BTW, I posted a chicken n' dumpling recipe on my blog if you're interested.
Oh, and Nancy O'Dell is the host of Access Hollywood, I believe. One of those shows like that anyway. :)
that recipe sounds delicious! I think I'm going to try it; I have most of the ingredients here already; yum!!
I wouldn't stress too much about the cookie; now that you know how many points they are, it will be easier to say "no" the next time :)
betty
There is nothing like that first day when you really feel that spring is on the way. I was able to go out and about on Saturday without wearing a jacket, and it felt like heaven! LOL
I haven't tried the MGD 64--sounds like I might have to!
Hugs, Beth
The recipe sounds delious.
The recipe sounds good. Are you getting these online somewhere or do you have a cookbook?
xx
Post a Comment