I guess I have been gone from here for quite awhile. I didn't realize that it had been quite that long.
I did go to court that Friday but the deputy didn't show up so the case was dismissed. Like it never happened! I was quite sure the girl that hit me was not happy. It took over an hour to drive there and less that two minutes for me to be in the court house. We went on to Grand Valley (Josh's college in Grand Rapids) to watch him run in his last indoor track meet. He ran really well. He ran his personal best time! We headed back home after that. It was a nice day actually. Mark and I got to spend the entire day together and had lots of time alone in the car. Just the two of us. Amazingly I didn't fall asleep, which is what I usually do when I am a passenger in a the car!
Things have not been the best that they can be around here. My middle son Robbie was having some back pain before Christmas and I had taken him to have an MRI. They had found some cysts on his kidney by accident when they were doing the MRI (the MRI was actually being done to see if there was something wrong with his back and they found the while doing that) After lots of testing they have diagnoised him with Polycystic Kidney Disease. The disease is usually genetic and is very odd for someone to get it when no one else in the family has ever been diagnoised with it. We do not have it in our family. He also seems to have an awful lot of the cysts ( 8 in the right kidney and to many to count in the left) and he is extreamly young to have it. He also has high blood pressure, which is also an idication of kidney disease. There is no cure for this disease. As of right now he has full kidney function but the Dr.'s are not able to tell us when that could change, I gues it could happen at any time. They have told us that he will need a kidney transplant at some time in his life, just not sure when the kidneys will begin to suffer from the cysts taking over. As of right now he is not needing to be put on any lists and none of us need to be tested yet. Just the fact that he is so young to have the problems already. I am devastated over the news. Please keep Robbie in your prayers.
Well I need to get moving on cleaning this house up. I hope you all have a great day.
12 comments:
Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you are just devastated. I hope and pray that your son remains strong and healthy.
I'm here for you dear friend.
Connie
Have just said a prayer for Robbie for healing.
Hope he is not in too much pain.
Sonya
I will be praying for your son and for you. As mom's news like that that isn't easy for us to go through either. I hope those cysts never develop any further for his sake. We just never know what tomorrow will bring that is for sure. Take care!
'On Ya'-ma
At least they found it before there is noticable degradation, so it can be monitored and treated, and such. Better to be able to plan than be in crisis. You are all in my thoughts. Hugs :o)
Praying for Robbie, please keep us updated.
I hope things will be okay--at least you know and can go from here.
Hugs, Beth
Holy shit girl, I am sooo sorry to hear about Robbie. I will keep you and him in my prayers.
Stacy
(((Linda))) I'm so sorry about Robbie; will pray for him.....that is weird though about him getting it with no family history, etc. are they recommending other family members get tested?? I'm so thankful that it was found sooner than later, but I know it is very difficult news to deal with on top of everything else going on with life, etc
just remember, which is what I try to do when dealing with bad things like this, is that this didn't catch the Lord by surprise and he knew this would be happening and he allowed it for whatever reason, which we may never know this side of heaven, we just need to trust in him that he knows what he is doing and that he is in control
praying for all
betty
I am all caught up with you now!!
I am sorry about Robbie and hope things have been better. Will say a prayer for continued good health!
xx
I will keep him in my prayers! I just wanted to tell you, the book was excellent. Thank you so much! Now that I am finished with it, would you like for me to send it back to you? Let me know! Thanks again, and I hope all else is well with you!
My prayers are with you and yours...I light a candle everyday and place these kinds of things before it... ((((Hugs)))) Teresa
I'm so sorry to hear this, Linda. I'll keep Robbie in my thoughts. I worked on a renal/urology/renal transplant floor for years, so if you have any questions or want to talk, I might be a little help.
Big hugs to you!
B
Post a Comment