Well here I am back again. It has been a little bit of a rough few weeks. This surgery is by far the most taxing one I have ever had. The pain has not been the worst part. The pain really is not bad unless I over do it. The worst part of it is how worn out and tired I get. I hate being so worn out. I have progressed a lot though. I am no longer using a walker. I am now able to use just the cane. I can walk without it but I limp when I don't use it and they don't want me to get in the habit of limping. I am able to drive now also. I go to physical therapy 3 times a week. I am not real fond of the scar but it is better than the pain I was in.
I have been researching some alternative/natural methods of relieving inflammation and arthritis pain. There are lots of foods that are naturally good for that. I am going to incorporate those into my diet more. Also ginger and turmeric are very good too. I have found several recipes to get these added to my diet as well.
I also know that I need to lose weight, quite a bit of it actually so I will be working on that as well. I have already lost 7 pounds since the surgery but that is because I do not have that large of an appetite not because I have been trying. I think it may be easier for me this time, to lose weight, since I am doing this to feel better and get healthy not to be skinny and have an impressive body!
I don't know if I will ever be able to run again but there are a lot of other exercise I can do. I think I will start with yoga and Pilates. I am looking forward to it!
I will be posting here as often as I can so I can keep track of how I am doing. Keep myself on track.
Here's to feeling better!🍷
2 comments:
Seems you know what you need to do to feel better, now you just need to do it with the weight loss, etc. I am sure you'll be able to do so :)
betty
I'd say you are doing wonderfully. How great that you are now up and about and can drive too. Keep up the good work !
Post a Comment