I love camp fires, and this is the perfect time of the year for a campfire. I was a little sad to have to move the camper off site today. I haven't been able to spend as much time as I normally do there this last time we have been on site. I have had things I have had to take care of at home so I have been home and not at the campground. We will be leaving for Talladega for the Nascar race this weekend. I will be able to see Linda. Linda is my best friend since the 3rd grade. Her husband, my husband and the two of us (along with whoever else decides to go that year) meet in Talladega for the race each October. It is always alot of fun. I look forward to this trip. The only thing I don't like is the drive but I can get over that as soon as I get there! We will be home late Monday night.
I am really looking forward to the next trip though. We leave on October 15th for San Francisco. My husband, Mark and I, my daughter, Manda and her best friend Lindsay, my girlfriend Brenda and her husband are all going. Brenda and I are running the Nike Women's marathon on the 19th for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. 26.2 miles. This is Brenda's first and my 5th. Yes I talked her into it and yes I am sure she is going to kill me at the end of it! But it is ok, it is for an awesome cause! We will be gone for a week and only half of one day will be spent running the marathon so it is gunna be a good week. Wine country. and oh how I love wine........
I have finally gone though all my boxes of books. I have the ones that I have already read in a pile. I am going to give a brief little description of each and tell you what I thought of them before I give them to the library for thier semi annual used book sale. That way I will have a record of the books I have read and you all might find one you want to pick up to read yourselfs.
Well I am finding this easy to post here and that is great since I am somewhat computer challenged. I hope we all find our way over here and keep in contact with each other. Losing my aol journal friends would be sad. Have a wonderful day.
13 comments:
I love campfires ... roasting marshmellows ... making smores. It's not cool enough here in AL to enjoy that sort of thing yet. But soon!
Love San Francisco, I lived downtown for five years. Beth and I have been there on vacation, and it is our second favorite city after New Orleans (were we had our honeymoon :o)
I found you! I am still trying to work out the bugs but I will figure out tomorrow.
I'm so jealous you are going to Talladega....wave at JG for me!
I'm glad you made it over here...I don't like the look of my new journal, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
Make sure to join my follower list so I have a quick way to check journals.
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
Good Morning !
I am seeing more and more journals popping up here at blogger this morning. Have a great trip!
'On Ya' - ma
I think it will be a learning process for all of us...I'm so delighted so many of us are finding one another over here. (Hugs)Indigo
Wow, I didn't realize you run marathons! Impressive!
San Francisco is such a great city. I know you all will have a great time!
Beth
I think we'll all be fine here! I'm glad i found you.h
I'm following!!!
Sounds like a fun trip.
Sonya
Hello,
I traveled upon your blog via Angel over at "Slacker Mom" and really enjoyed your reads. I wanted to go see this weekends race down in Talledaga but... maybe next year. My hubby's from the Bay area and we are planning a trip to San Francisco before Thanksgiving.
Have a safe trip and enjoy,
Katie
Hey linda i had to make a new blog my followers link wasnt working so people couldnt follow me here is my new journal link
http://bitterlysweetcherry.blogspot.com/
bet you had a great trip this past weekend!! thanks for commenting on my journal so that I could get the link to yours; I sent an email to you asking for it, but now I don't need it LOL; I made myself a follower so I'll get updates
good luck with your marathon! I know you'll do great!! next year San Diego!
betty
Can't wait for some book reviews! :)
XX
Post a Comment