Tuesday, October 7, 2008


Hello everyone!
Well my trip was so much fun! We left early Thursday morning, at 5:30am, it felt like I was going to work. I knew I wasn't and I drove right past the exit that I would normally get off of to go to work so I just waved as we went on by! It took us 12 hours to get there but we made it with no problems. We only had to stop two times to get gas. Once we got there we had to get our tent and things set up. It was dark by that point. We all sat around the campfire and talked and had a few drinks. It was relaxing and we all got to catch up with each other lives.
Friday I didn't feel so good when I got up (I think those drinks and a day of not eating much had gotten to me) so I kinda just sat around for a bit. I had some cereal and around noon my husband decided that I needed a bloody mary to lift my spirits. Yum. That helped. We went to the ARCA race on Friday afternoon and it was really good. After the race we decided to go walk around the camp ground and see what kind of trouble everyone was getting into. There was a band at one of the campsites that hundreds of people had gathered around to listen to. We stayed till 11pm when they quit playing. What a great band they were. We went and sat around the campfire again for awhile before going to sleep. I slept like a log that night!
Saturday morning we all got up early and made a huge breakfast. It was so yummy! We played dice for awhile and then went walking around to all the vendor booths and bought some new tshirts and things. The Craftsmens truck race was Saturday afternoon and it was a GREAT race. It was a great finish. My husband (Mark) won the pool on that one and he was very happy about that. Saturday night Linda's husband (colin) made shrimp boil. There was shrimp, spicy sasague and corn in a huge pot and you just boiled it all together. It was so good! I think after we ate we all kinda fell into a food coma!
Sunday we made a huge breakfast again. Sunday is the big race and we all put the names of all the drivers into a pot and pick names. We each had seven drivers. Linda (Linda is my girlfriend that lives in florida, she used to live here in michigan but she moved when we were in 7th grade but we have remained friends since that time) won the money for that one! Lucky girl. That race was awesome. It was not dominted by any one person for the whole race and I like it when it is competitive. Tony Stewart ended up winning the race.
Monday morning we got up early to start home. It was a long drive and i was glad to be home. Today I am back to work. Looking forward to leaving next wednesday for San Francisco! I can't wait for that trip.
I will post some pictures tonight after I get them uploaded!

9 comments:

Happy Being Me said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend at the races. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your trip to San Francisco. Take care,
Katie

Emmi said...

Love the races. =D

Missie said...

Sounds like a great trip!

Beth said...

Sounds like a blast!

And Bloody Marys? A cure for what ails ya! ;)

Beth

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a great trip as you do every year!! It's so wonderful that you and your friend get to see each other and just have a fabulous time every year!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That does sound like a good long weekend and now you have another trip to look forward to. It helps to make all that work worthwhile when you can have time off to enjoy yourself. 'On Ya' - ma

Ken Riches said...

Sounds like you had a great long weekend. The shrimp boil sounds awesome.

Enjoy your trip to San Francisco, one of my favorite cities, I lived in the Bay Area for 6 years, and in central CA for 5 years.

Beth and I have been there twice now since we got married 7 years ago.

betty said...

glad you had a great time Linda! that shrimp boil sounds delicious!

betty

Gillie said...

"my husband decided that I needed a bloody mary to lift my spirits"

Smart man!!
XX