Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hello!!

Sometimes life truly gets crazy doesn't it? Well for me it has been anyways. One of the supervisors at my work left. Guess who had to take over? Yes me. Now I don't mind but it is a bit challengeing for me since I have never been a supervisor to a group of people before. My title was a supervisor but I dealt with vendors who not actually my employees. Well now I am. I am much busier now during the day than I was used to but I have to say that I like it.
I have also made some big changes in my personal life. I know that you all know that I joined weight watchers in November. Maybe it was a bad time to join but it didn't seem to be working for me very well. I was losing some weight but then I would pig out and gain it back and it seemed as if I wasn't doing so well. I realized shortly after Christmas that i was going to totally have to change the way I was doing things. I needed to make some changes to get some changes! I really started watching what I was eating and writing down everything I was eating, journaling, like I was supposed to do but hadn't been doing. I also really started making healthy meals that the whole family would like. I didn't tell them that I got the recipes from Weight watchers cuz they always moan like it is something that is going to kill them! LOL! I just let them eat what they want and I keep my portion size to what it is supposed to be. Another huge change is I started packing my lunch. I think that was the biggest change and the best thing I could have done. I ate in the cafeteria at work and I never ate good then. The actually have great food, not good for someone trying to lose weight, but great junk food! Make your own pasta, huge burgers and fries and onion rings. In the last month I have actually learned to make things that I like for lunch and am enjoying the food that I am eating. Lots of times I take the leftovers from dinner since I liked dinner so much! I am truly amazed how good the food can be when you are watching what you eat. So much of it for me is portion control. The good news is I am really starting to think this is all becoming habit and that is a good thing. Since the first week of January I have lost 12 pounds! Yippie! And I am starting to feel better. I have made it to the gym at least 3 times a week and I am hoping to bump that up to 4 and 5 times a week. For right now I am happy with the changes I am making and keeping them consistent.
I will share a few recipes with you, they are a few of my favorites that I have made lately
Mexican Meatloaf
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pound lean ground turkey breast
2 large egg whites
2oz cornbread stuffing dry mix (about 1 cup)
1 medium chopped onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
4oz canned green chili peppers, diced
8 oz can enchilida sauce
Preheat oven to 375. Mix everything together, minus half the enchilada sauce. Cook for about one hour. Spread remaining enchilada sauce on top. (1 slice is 3 points)
Yummy!! I had to double the recipe for the boys and they loved it!

Another one that I love to use for lunches is.
Southwestern Bean soup
48 oz jar of Great Northern Beans undrained
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cans mexican style corn undrained
2 cups water
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 pkg hidden valley ranch Party dip
Mix together bring to boil then simmer for one hour ( 1 cup is 1 point)

I love this soup! On days when I am really hungry I can eat a cup of this for just one point and feel full! And it tastes great.

I am also attending my WW meetings each week faithfully. I think that has helped alot. This week I am "chef of the week" so I have to try some new recipes and share them with the group next week! So I am looking to make some good things this week!

I am hoping I will be able to post at least a small post each day again. I feel like I have control again which is always a good thing!

11 comments:

Beth said...

Linda, that is great to hear, and AWESOME that you've lost 12 pounds! It sounds like you've changed your mindset, and that's such a big deal.

I hear you on taking lunches. I used to spend quite a bit for lunch at our deli, getting a big plate of spaghetti, or mac 'n cheese. When I got together with Ken, he got me to start taking my lunch, and not only did it save quite a bit of money, it was much healthier and lots less calories. I think it's a great move that you started doing that.

Wow, kind of scary to be thrust into a supervisory position like that! I would be like nuh-uh, no way, Jose! LOL Cool that you're liking it, though!

Great to hear from you!
Hugs, Beth

Princess said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the 12 pounds!! Im proud of you... I've been wondering where you've been!!

betty said...

congrats on the 12 pounds gone!! I like how you are doing it too! so sensibly and healthily!! I am going to try that meatloaf recipe for sure!!

I've been thinking of you; I was hoping things were going okay with you and you were just busy

(I'm still going to be reading some of my favorite journals,so I'll be here, just not posting and not spending hours online :)

(I can't remember, is it this year you are coming to San Diego?)

betty

Bridgett said...

I knew you could do it, Linda!
And thanks for sharing those recipes. I'm going to type them up and print them off.

Weight Watchers truly works, but you have to be dedicated.

Congratulations on your promotion as well!

XOXO

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Having leftovers for lunch is one of my favorite things. Keep up the good work. Holiday eating is just so overwhelming that I think we all cheated a lot.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Having leftovers for lunch is one of my favorite things. Keep up the good work. Holiday eating is just so overwhelming that I think we all cheated a lot.

IndigoSunMoon said...

You are doing great girl! I am so proud of you! Just remember to keep exercising...even if you dont want to. I know exercise sucks, but it really does help the pounds melt away!!!
Lovish!
Connie

Linda's World said...

The recipes you posted sound good. I'll have to print them out and try them. I'm waiting for my insurance card for 2009 so I can go back to Curves (my insurance pays for my membership). I need to do something as I'm not loosing by just working around the house. Linda in Washington state
Can you have popcorn if you go to the movie this weekend? I keep thinking I should cut up an apple & take it to the movie in a zip lock bag.

Ken Riches said...

Awesome progress. Like Beth mentioned, I have been brown bagging it for most of my career, and the leftover is usually better than anything from a caferteria :o)

Anonymous said...

That's great you've lost 12 pounds. Congrats.
Congratulations on your promotion

Gillie said...

I am just getting caught up...Congrats on the weight loss and the new job!!!
xx