
Yes I do love sangria. But I do save it for special nights now since it has so many points in it. It makes me enjoy it so much more though!
Today was busy at work and tomorrow threatens to be much more so. I will be very happy when the day is over though cuz it is Jeremy's weekend with Aiden and that means that I get to spend the weekend with my little man. He is so cute. Lately he has to tell me all the time that he wants a boy cousin, not a girl. He knows gramma wants a girl granddaugther. So he loves to tease me. He also loves all the snow that we have. We took him shopping and got him snow pants and boots and hat and gloves and themal underclothes so that we could play outside. He had gotten a sled for Christmas and wanted to go so bad. My house is on a hill and the hill goes straight down to the lake so it makes it perfect for sledding. He loves to do that. I am hoping it warms up some this weekend so we can go out. It has been below 0 here for the last few days and I can't take him out when it is that cold. So hopefully it will warm up a bit.
I have to go shopping for my girls night slumber party this weekend also. I am having a party on Feb. 13 that is for girls only. Pretty much it is for girls over 40! I have some really cool drinks that I found in More magazine. They have names like Over 40 babe and empty nest blues! We are also going to be having grilled chicken breasts with spinich salad. I love this salad. It is made with baby spinich, browned almonds, strawberries, red onions and you can add the chicken breast to the salad or have it on the side. We are also having choclote covered strawberries and some other tasty desserts. I hate how little I get to spend time with my girlfriends so I am really looking forward to this night. Both of my sisters are going to be there also which is super duper cool since one of them lives in florida but is coming home for a week and it just happens to fall at the same time.
I am also very excited about my niece Jennifer. She has been stationed in Iraq for the last 15 months and she is coming home sometime aound Feb. 11th! I am so looking forward to seeing her. This is her 3rd tour, and her final one since she will be leaving the Army behind in March. Well not really leaving it behind, she just won't be active anymore but her husband will be in for life. I am not sure when he is coming home yet. He is still deployed and I am not sure for how long.
Well I guess I better get dinner going. We are having leftovers tonight. Either the soup or the meatloaf (which were both awesome) or maybe a little of both. Who knows, depends on what I feel like when I get in there. I am sure Mark will have both though!!
5 comments:
Slumber Party - how fun is that :o)
Okay, I'm not over 40, but I am a woman...can I come to your party? :)
XOXO
Your party sounds like a lot of fun. Good idea! I know I've not had a slumber part since high school and that was so long ago I don't think it should count anyway.
I AM over 40, and I think I want to come to your party!!! LOL
I found a nice recipe for sangria, and I'm looking forward to making it this summer. I've only had it in restaurants, and loved it, but I want to try making it.
Hugs, Beth
I think it is neat how you have these girls only get togethers!! I wish I lived near you to partake. :)
xx
Post a Comment