Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Well it has been almost a year since I have posted. That is a long time and things sure have changed!
The biggest change in the last week is I had a total hip replacement. Right side. Now I know,this is not near death experience but it sure has been a life changing event for me. I know that the time has come to make some serious changes in my lifestyle. Unless of course I would prefer to live the rest of my life with constant pains and aches.....yea I do not want to do that. So tomorrow will be one week post op. I went home the day after surgery because I was doing so well. I have had in home physical therapy twice. I will have one more this week and then I will start 3 times a week outpatient therapy.
I am going to use this blog to keep me on track to a healthier lifestyle. And to document all the fun (insert sarcasm) that finding out about this problem and having it fixed has been.

2 comments:

betty said...

Hoping you make a quick recovery, Linda. I heard, and you probably know too, that recovering from a hip replacement is "easier" than recovering for a knee one. My sister had one of her hips replaced few years ago and I know within a few weeks she was back "up and running".

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So surprised to see your post. A year is a long time and I thought you'd probably given up on it. Certainly hope that all goes well and like Betty has said you'll be up and running in no time at all !