Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Help

Can someone please help me with a problem I am having with my blog. I am trying to add a different background and it tells me I need to click on the layouts link in my dashboard. But I don't have a layouts link, I have a template link. I also want to add a list of journals I read and it tells me I have to add the layouts feature to my blog. When I try to do that it won't let me. It won't change from templates to layouts. ????

4 comments:

Happy Being Me said...

I'll be happy to help if I can. Are you able to view your "Dashboard" if so, on your Dashboard under edit blog there should be a tab labeled Layout. Click there and it should pull up a layout of your blog. At the top there's a tab that says "Pick New Templet" click there and there are many other options. As for a new back ground - Go to your Layout screen once again and click on "ADD A GADGET" scroll down to where its says HTML/Java Script click add and a screen will come up with a box that say title and then a larger box - That is where you will put the HTML code you have selected for your background. Hoping this helps - if you have any problems you can e-mail me. Take care and enjoy,
Katie

Beth said...

Looks like Katie has it covered! I'm just using a Blogger layout that I edited the colors on, rather than a different template.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Welcome, L! TY for visiting my blog. I think Katie has you covered! I hope you come back for a visit soon.
XX,
Winivere

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

The template is the layout or background, Linda. You pick a template and then you have to add each journal one by one to your blog list. Katie gave you really good advice. HUGS