Wednesday, October 29, 2008

After much debate, Nike ended up giving the win to both of the runners. They were really going to give it to the "elite" runner but there was such an uproar about it they ended up giving it to both. There was no money involved in this event, the winners got tiffany bowls so I guess that made the decision a little easier. I guess there was something like this that happened in the Chicago marathon this year also. I don't know the details so I am going to investigate it. I think that fastest chip time should win, why else do they make you pay for the chip?? It costs $30 for that chip, if it is going to go to the first to cross the line (if everyone starts at the same time then this isn't an issue) then we don't need a chip!! I sure as heck wish I could go out and run a 2:55 marathon the first time I ran one!! GO GIRL!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I agree bottom line should be who ran it the fastest according the chip! Period! Yay for her!

be well...

Tawnya said...

Yeah that is kinda how it works, right? The one with the fastest time wins.... I mean call me old fashioned, but isn't that how it always worked?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad they both won. I don't know all the rules but it sounds fair. I love the picture of the seagull . 'On Ya'-ma

D said...

Google reader is like an alert system. If you go to dashboard there is a link at the bottom to take you to google reader. Journals with new entries are highlighted until you mark read.

Taking Heart said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... thanks for you prayers. I love your pictures! I'm snuggling down into this blogger thing... I still miss AOL.. but, ya know...

Beth said...

Maybe it was the Chicago marathon that I read about this happening. Honestly, what's the big difference between "elite" and "non-elite" runners? Fastest time. Period.

Beth

Emmi said...

I agree with ya. If you have to buy a chip to be in the race then the fasted time wins hands down.

betty said...

seems like a cop out to me, don't you think? the fastest time should have won it fair and square with not having 2 winners unless both came in with the exact same time. I would think the elite runner would not want the win if her time was not as good as the other ones; personal pride, know what I mean? I mean a Tiffany bowl would be nice, but what about integrity?? Just my not so humble thoughts LOL

(I really do want to thank you for emailing me about my blog being gone; it meant a lot to me in more ways than one; thank you so much for being my friend; and if you do come to run in San Diego next year, you need to let me know so we can do the town :)

betty