Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fisherman's Warf and Pier 39




















Pier 39 and Fishermans warf was so much fun. Lots of shopping and eating to do there! If you like fresh seafood, this is the place to be! Mark and I had clam chowder in a bread bowl and let me tell you that was the best clam chowder I have ever had. We also stopped at a place called "wipeout". That is the place where we are all sitting with our drinks. Those were the most expensive drinks I have ever had! We each had one drink and the girls orderd some chili fries and our bill was $60!! We should of known it was going to be bad when there were no prices listed on the menu! Oh well we had a good time. That was the day after the marathon and I didn't care how much the drinks were, I was drinking them!
The sea lions were so odd. I don't know why they all hang around in that one spot but they do and apparently they have been there for years. They push each other off and yell at each other and they stink! But they were fun to watch.
Josh did really well in his meet yesterday. He cam in 6th and he ran the best time that he has ever run. He was very happy with himself. I took him out to lunch yesterday before I headed back home. It was good to get to spend some time with him.
Yesterday was also trick or treating at the camper. There were quite a few kids that were there trick or treating. I love seeing the different costumes. One boy was dressed up as a fly swatter. The fly swatter part of it was made out of cardboard and the middle of the swatter was the boys face which was made up like a squashed fly! it was funny. Another girl was dressed up as a toothbrush! Cute.
Last night was Kristens last game that she had to cheer at. It was very cold out there last night but the girls had a good time. I almost froze. Mark and Johnny were at the Michigan/Michigan State game. They had more fun that I did I can assure you of that.
Well I am off to do laundry. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

More great pics... Obviously a great time!

be well...

Beth said...

The sea lions crack us up, too, especially when they try to find spots up on the little floating docks!

Clam chowder in a bread bowl...ohhhhh. I'm salivating. Isn't that the best?!

Love, Beth

Tawnya said...

Yay Josh!!!! It looks like you had fun there... The clam chowder sounds good....

Ken Riches said...

Ah, Pier 39, chowder bowls, seafood, the only thing you did not mention was Ghirardelli Square and their awesome sundae's and chocolate :o)

betty said...

what cute costumes! I like those rather than the premade ones; that sounded like a fun time!

WTG to Josh!!!

those pictures were great; its been years since I've been to San Francisco; makes me want to go again!

betty

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Looks and sound like everyone enjoyed themselfs.

Emmi said...

very cool photos.