Well we are home now. He is resting comfortably finally. He is going to need surgery. He has a varicocele. Usually they don't require surgery but his is causing pain so he will need to have it fixed. One of my twins had to have his fixed also but his was aggrivated alot by all the running that Josh was doing. Jeremy also has an infection of some sort, they did some cultures and they are thinking he might have e-coli. This could also be causing more pain. He goes in to the urology surgeon on Monday so we will know more then. They gave him pain meds to control the pain so hopefully he will be comfortable. Mom is exhausted. Even though he is 22 years old and has a child of his own, I still get emotional when they are really hurt or sick. I guess that will never change.
I made chicken and dumplings tonight for dinner. I got the recipe from Tawnya, she has a journal called "food glorious food" and I took some her recipes. Tonight I made the chicken and dumplings and yummy!!!!! Thanks for a great recipe Tawnya! Tomorrow I am making the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf. The twins are home for the weekend tomorrow and they love meatloaf and they love bacon cheeseburgers so I am thinking they are going to love this meatloaf. I think I am going to also. Then on Saturday I am gong to make the chicken fried steak. I am so looking forward to these meals! I went grocery shopping and got all the things I needed for those meals today so I am all set.
I did manage to burn the hell outta my hand while I was making dinner tonight though. I was draining some of water (yea boiling water) out of the pan cuz I knew it was going to be too much liquid and I managed to pour it right on my hand. This is the first time I have had it out of ice since I did it and yes it hurts so I think I am going to have to put it back in a few.
I hope you all have a wonderful night! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my son.
14 comments:
I am so glad that they came out good!!! You are so welcome!!! The meatloaf is sooo good..... Oh and for the gravy mix for the country fried steak, you need about 4 cups of gravy....
some of the names of those dishes scare me a person like me shouldnt read this book i might go downstairs and attempt to cook it now,i hope they get better soon though i know it sucks to see them sick.
I'm going to have to look up what it is he has. I don't think I've ever heard of it. Enjoy your evening,.
I'm glad he is home, but I'm sorry he will be having surgery, I'll keep it in my prayers. I do understand about worrying....it does never end!!! Your food sounds sooo good, I'll probably dream about it all night now :)
Pooh Hugs,
Linda
I i hope they get better soon. Alvia
so thankful they found out what was going on with your son, Linda! I read your earlier entry about him but didn't have a chance to leave a comment; I'm glad its "fixable" too
hey sometime can I have the recipe for that meatloaf? it sounds delicious!
betty
I'm thankful that a diagnosis was made and help for your son is on the way. No matter how old they get we are still Mom's. I envy you your cooking spree for your twins. I used to love to cook for my family.
Now I don't cook much at all.
'On Ya' - ma
Chicken and Dumplings Mmmmmm.
Thinking of your boys!!!
((((Hugs))))
Yummy ... your making me hungry!
Hoping he will have a comfortable weekend. My thoughts and prayers will go up. Take care,
Katie
Hmm, what kind of E coli infection? That can be normal in some sites.
I'm sorry he'll have to have surgery, but I'm sure all will go well.
Have fun trying your new recipes! Isn't that fun? Especially when they turn out well, ha ha!
Beth
glad he is home.. sending good vibes for the surgery
Just catching up on your blog. So sorry about your sons surgery. But I am glad they figures out what was wrong. Hope everything goes well with him.
Ok I am headed over to tawnya's blog to get those recipes..lol
I love chicken and dumplings! I will have to check out Tawnya's blog!
XX
Post a Comment