Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Slow down!


Today has been so busy so far! I haven't had a chance to take a breath. Thankfully it has slowed down some and I can breathe for a moment! Everyone just seems to want something from me today. I should lock my office door and act like I am out for the day! Somehow I don't think that will work.
I really like blogger. I am finding all kinds of new journals and also some that I had lost track of over time and am really happy to have found them again! I really like the way some of them are "dressed up" too. I still can't seem to figure out how to get a background on mine. I went to one of the sites and did what it told me to do but when I tried it, it told me there was something wrong with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a background in? I thought I was pretty good at this compter journaling thing but when faced with a new venue I guess I am not as good as I thought!
Tonight I am going to start packing for the San Francisco trip. If not packing at least figuring out what it is we need to take with us. I need to find out what the temperture is going to be like while we are there. I know I will have to take all my running gear but that has to be carried on in my carry on. If I put it in my luggage and the luggage gets lost I will be screwed for running the marathon. I would never be able to break in a pair of shoes fast enough to run 26.2 miles in them without getting blisters. Not that that won't happen anyways but it would be more likely with new shoes. I know that we also have an indoor pool where we are staying so I better take a suit too. I won't be able to go in a hot tub after the marathon so if they have one there I better go in the few days before the marathon. After the marathon it is all ice baths for the next few days! We are going to be going to Santa Cruz for a day. I can't wait to go there. I loved it there last time I went and I didn't get to really enjoy it then since I had all five of the kids with me and that was ten years ago so they were all little. I am looking forward to the whole trip....fishermans warf, pier 39, alcatraz! And Seafood!!! I remember how good the seafood was there. Oh I can't wait. Only four more work days and I will be able to go!
Well I guess I better end my break and go back to work. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Happy Being Me said...

Hoping your day calms down a bit. If you'd like to e-mail me I see what I can do to help you. Take care,
Katie
ktkamanski@gmail.com

Slacker Mom said...

I had the same problem.....I copy and pasted the code and put it under the html section, but kept getting errors....so I gave up.

GHope you found peace and quiet today!

Angel

betty said...

how exciting! I forgot about all the fun things to do in San Francisco! I bet you guys will have a blast! I agree with you about carrying on your running shoes, that would be a nightmare if that part of your luggage got lost!

your journal looks so nice; I need to get over to decorate mine, but how to find the time??

betty

Beth said...

SF is my second favorite city (New Orleans is the first). I LOVED Alcatraz! You're making me hungry for seafood. LOL Hey, I had already planned on cooking fish and crabcakes tonight! That's lucky!

Beth

Ken Riches said...

This time of year, I would plan on bringing warmer type clothes, as well as some sun clothes. You may want to dress in layers, morning and evening will be cooler, but there is a chance that mid-day, especially not in SF proper, that you could be in shorts and short sleeves so to speak. A light jacket and sweet pants are always a good start and end for the day :o)

- said...

Yes some Sites have layouts offered for the OLD Blogger...when it was still called BlogSpot. The best sites to go to are www.pyzam.com and www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

All the layouts on those site will work. :)

Tawnya said...

Sounds like a fun trip!!! I'll be rooting for you woth the marathon!!!

Gillie said...

I love San Fran...can't wait to hear about it!
XX