Sunday, October 12, 2008

Whew!

I am amazed at all that I have gotten accomplished in the last 24 hours. My house is soooooo clean. I did floors, dusted, changed sheets, all the laundry! I even washed a few windows. (well you the ones that the dogs put there faces all over and mess up!) It looks so wonderful. If it could just stay this way. Acutally it will stay this way for quite awhile since there will not be anyone here except for my nephew who will house and dog sitting for us. So when I come home it will be all good. Maybe I can keep up with it. Until Christmas break when the boys come home that is.
I also finished quite a few of those books that was telling you about earlier. I can't belive how many books I had started that I had not finished. Alot of them I was very close to finishing also. Not sure why I do that but oh well. I did finish some more of them.
Pieces of my sisters life. By Elizabeth Joy Arnold. This one was good. I am surprised that I didn't finish it before. The ending surprised me since she didn't end up with the guy the way they usually do.
Sinners by Jackie Collins. Liked this one. I like most of her books.
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Loved this one. Cried for real several times. I enjoyed Five People you meet in Heaven when I read that one also. I am currently reading For just one more day. It is really good so far also.
What's so amazing about Grace by Philip Yancy. This one is not a novel. It is about Grace and what Grace is in the Bible. It was really good. So that is four down. And ummm I have no idea how many to go but I can't start any new ones till I finish the ones I have already started (or give up on depending on the situation) I hope to finish one today also.
I have the luggage out and have got a few piles started to go into it. I should have that completed by tonight also. I have to work Monday and Tuesday and we live at 10:30am Wednesday so I need to get it done.
Mark is out working in the yard getting it all done before we go too. He is cleaning and packing the tent up from when we went to Talladega last weekend and cutting the lawn. Nothing we can do to stop it from growing while we are gone so that will be probably be ready to cut when we get back!
I made the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf for dinner last night. I got the recipe from Tawnya's blog again. This stuff was AWESOME! All of us liked it and Kristen is hard to please but she loved it too. Tonight is chicken fried steak (from the same journal!)
Have a great one!

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

What a beautiful day here in Michiana. I am not sure where in Michigan you live, but I am sure the weather there was as nice as it was here in South Bend.

I cut the lawn today, two weeks of growth, and it was not to bad. So, I would not worry, while you are gone, I do not think it will get out of hand. With the temps dipping in the evenings, things are starting to go dormant.

Hope you get everything packed and have an uneventful trip to the airport :o)

betty said...

you've been a busy bee, Linda; I'll have to check out Tawnya's blog; those recipes sound good!!

betty

Linda said...

It was a beautiful fall day here, too, my favorite time of year. I love all the Mitch Albom books.....Five People You Meet In Heaven is my favorite!!!
The food sounds very yummy...I'll have to go and snag the recipe:)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Tawnya said...

Thanks for that Linda!! I am so glad that you are enjoying them.... I have to find some more, maybe my beef veggie soup.... I don;t think that you will have to mow the grass again until Spring... Doug mowed the grass yesterday.... I read Marley and Me... OMG, so funny and sad too....