
I have quite a few of these cookbooks around now. Most of them I just got from the library and copied the ones that sounded good to me. I have to say that tonight's meal was by far the best one that I have made this week. Stuffed cabbage. It was made with ground turkey, garlic, onion, barley, and taco seasoning mix. You boiled the cabbage till the leaves were soft and then put 1/4 of a cup of the meat mixture into a cabbage leaf and rolled it up. Cabbage has no points so you could use as big a piece as you wanted. I just used one leaf and it was a medium sized cabbage. Then you put salsa on top and put them in the oven to bake for about half an hour at 375. They were good. Very good. And you get to eat two of them for just 3 points. We also had aspergus, grilled on the grill with grated parmesan on top, that makes it 1 point. Dinner was good tonight. Mark really liked it too and we both have 2 cabbages for lunch tomorrow.
Mark and I both went in the hot tub after dinner tonight. It was very nice and very relaxing. He knew I was disappointed about the weigh in today and told me that it didn't matter to him if I lost a single pound, he thinks I look awesome no matter what. This coming from a man who fell in love with me when I looked like this...

Honest that is me. That was taken at a competition I did in July of 2002. How I managed to gain as much weight as I have is beyond me. No that is not true. I realized shortly after I met Mark and we started dating that I wanted to spend time with him more than I wanted to spend my time in the gym working out all day. I honestly didn't think that I would stop completly but I did. No I don't want to go back to that but I do want to be about 120 again. I was 110 in that pic. I just don't feel good, health wise, anymore and know that I need to make sure that I am healthy. That is all I want is to feel healthy again. But I do love my husband more than words can say for telling me how beautiful I am to him no matter what I weigh. He makes me feel better.
I can't leave here tonight without telling Bridget thank you for the comment about the sweater and the time of day weigh in but the best part was about the bathroom!! That is so true! LOL ok I am off to the bathroom. Have good night.
6 comments:
LOL...happy to make you feel better. :)
I've been there...in fact, I'm there right now! I gained this week too.
But darn, girl...you're SUCH a hottie! A few extra pounds or not, you're a beautiful woman.
And that recipe sounds wonderful! Not sure Doug would eat it, but it sounds good for me. :)
XOXO
I think you are absolutely stunning no matter what size, your hubby is so right. : )
The food ... oh the food. I'm too picky of an eater to comment there but as long as you enjoyed it then I'm glad. : D
Brandi
that stuffed cabbage reminds me of how my mom made them; it is good! if you like bell peppers, use the same type of meat mixture to stuff a pepper and I bet that would be low in points too and filling
you're working on getting your weight to a healthier one; I think with time your priorities changed to great ones (a loving husband); I think all of us in loving relationships tend to pick up a few extra pounds (I know I did :)
betty
After having a picture perfect body like yours I suppose you will not be satisfied or feel better til you do loose the weight. I sadly never looked like that but I did weigh 120 about 38 years ago. That was BC (before children) After having 7 pregnacies I was happy to be at 135 most of the time. Now I'd love to see 150 again. Years and metabolism do add weight. You are blessed with a wonderful hubby.
'On Ya'-ma
Love is blind so he probably doesn't care what you look like on the outside as long as you stay the wonderful person that you are on the inside.
Damn girl, look at your buff self!
But your husband and all the commenters have hit the nail on the head: you are beautiful inside, first and foremost. You're doing the right thing in wanting to be healthy, and that's an excellent goal.
When you were bodybuilding, your priorities changed when you met your hubby. Everyone's priorities change, and who has time to spend the day at the gym when you have a family to take care of?
At 46, I realize I won't be buff like you were, or as thin as I once was, but my goal is to be healthier. And just like your goal, that is absolutely the best way to approach things.
I LOVE cabbage rolls, but Ken...not so much. I'm glad Mark liked them!
Hugs, Beth
Post a Comment