Monday, November 10, 2008

Up early


I really do not want to be awake right now. I will be going back to bed in a little bit. I have to take Kristen to school and then I will go lay back down for a little bit. I just could not go back to sleep this morning when Mark got up for work. The alarm woke me up and I was up at that point. Hopefully when I go lay back down I will be able to fall asleep or I will be very tired when I get out of work tonight.
I am going to have lunch with my friends from my old job today. That should be alot of fun. I haven't seen them in awhile and I really do miss them. I worked there for 25 years and I had been working with the ones I am having lunch with for the last 8 years. It was a hard transition to make but I do enjoy working at my new job. I have been there for a year now. Actually it will be a year tomorrow! Everyone always asks me why I left my job after 25 years there. There were several reasons. 1. It was a 12,000 a year raise. 2 When I married Mark I moved into his house which is 40 miles away from my old job ( my old house was 5 minutes from my job!) 3. There was no opportunity for me to advance any farther at my old job. My new job is only 20 miles from my home so it cut my drive time in half. It was a tough decision but I am happy with it.
Yesterday Kristen and I went to the library and I got a Weight Watchers cookbook. I had seen it at Target but it was $26 so I went to the library and checked it out and I will copy the recipes that I like. There are alot of recipes in it. We never did get to grocery shop yesterday which is actually a good thing. Now I will be able to make my grocery list from the recipes I like in the cookbook. I will plan out my menu for the week and shop accordingly. That way I won't be starving and not know what to eat. It will all be there and I will know the points value for everything. The recipes look really good and I think that Mark and Kristen would eat most of the things they have for dinners in the cookbook. That will be very helpful so I don't have to make something different for them.
Well it is time to take Kristen to school so I am off to do that and then take a little nap before I go out to lunch. Have a great day.

9 comments:

kelly said...

enjoy your nap...
I wish I didn't have to get up today.. rather stay in bed.. but duty calls... damn job..LOL..
have a great day...
Kelly~

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was a fast year. I remember when you talked about starting the new job. Hope you get that nap in and enjoy your lunch. 'On Ya'-ma

Bridgett said...

If you find any good recipes, send them my way. :)

Have fun at your lunch date!

XXOO

Beth said...

I hope you are able to get some extra sleep this morning. It could make for a long evening if you don't!

Hugs, Beth

betty said...

good idea to check the book out of the library rather than buying one, Linda. I bet it has tons of good recipes to help you stay on course for your healthy eating

I think you made a great decision to switch jobs like you did a year ago; the driving time alone would have been an incentive for me for sure! hope you had a nice lunch with your friends

betty

Ken Riches said...

Hope you had a successful nap attempt. I always say, there is no such thing as a bad nap :o)

Tawnya said...

email me at ctlmi06@gmail and I can find out for you... I will need her info though...

Linda said...

That driving time is MUCH better....it was probably a great move for you, even if it was hard to leave wonderful people. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with them. If you try any great WW things from the cookbook, let us know!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Gillie said...

I am sure having the cookbook will help you meal plan and grocery shop!!
Good luck!!
xx