
This is a picture of my son, Robbie and my grandson, Aiden. It was taken in March of this year, right before the lake thawed. Robbie is 20 and this is the first year that he can vote and he is VERY excited about it. He has been online each day reading about the canidates and what they stand for. He is also into finding out about all the proposals. Robbie called me at 11:00 last night to ask me if I knew anything about one of the canidates stance on being gay. He said that if this canidate were elected that all gays would be put into mental institues. I was trying to explain to him that I didn't think he was reading something right. That I didn't think that the canidate said those exact words and that he needed to find out a little bit more about it. Then he was asking me a bunch of questions about the proposals. One of them was about stem cell research. He wanted to know if babies were deliberatly aborted just so they could use the umbilical cord. No Rob I don't think they abort babies just to get the cord. So he tells me that he can't vote for that one cuz he doesn't believe in abortion. I don't think he got that one completely. But I told him to go find out more information. Then back we went to the mental institution thing. Don't worry Rob, Mom won't let them put you away for years. Well at least not for being gay, but maybe for driving me crazy!!!
10 comments:
God for your son getting educated before voting. It's sad that not many people know anything more than the talking points of biased news organizations.
Does Robbie need to maybe do a little more research and do it a little earlier? ;)
Happy voting.
Prop 2 is about helping people and research. If he is still interested in it, I have the web site for him to look at. Voting is exciting, this is the first year that I could not vote because I did not get registered here in MI soon enough.
Hey, at least he was voting responsibly and researching the issues. That's more I can say about some other people I know. LOL
XXOO
so cute picture :)
betty
I can understand his fears about the being shut up in a mental institution. Can you imagine? That is terrifying. I'm glad that he cared enough to do the research, so many didn't. Blessings* Teresa
P.S. Thank you for your sweet words about the passing of my Heathen. They meant a lot.
You must be so proud that he wants to understand before he votes!!
xx
Years ago I would of been shut in an institute just for being Deaf. We've come along way Bobbie..
I do think it's great he wants to make sure he's informed before giving his vote. (Hugs)Indigo
Thats good you soon was getting educated befor he votes. Very nic pictutr.
Post a Comment