I have been so busy the last few days! I finally have a few minutes to sit and relax. Yes doing a journal entry is relaxing for me. Dinner is cooking, it will take about an hour for it to finish so I have a bit of time. I have been looking for weight watchers recipes. I have two of the cookbooks and on Sunday I went through and found the things I wanted to make for this week. I took the list and went grocery shopping Sunday evening. I really have been doing quite well with it so far. I have been writing down everything I eat and keeping track of my points. The dinner last night was really good. I made one of the recipe from the cook book. It was spaghetti bolognese. It was made with wheat pasta, which to me didn't taste any different than regular pasta. You made the sauce with lean ground beef, garlic, onion, diced tomatos, a little bit of tomato paste, oregano, basil, mushrooms and salt and pepper. It was really good! Mark and Kristen got 2nds. I didn't, I stayed within the correct amount for my points. I did have lots of salad though. Tonight I am making a lemon pepper roasted chicken with tex mex sweet and red potato salad. The potato salad is done, I am just waiting on the chicken. We are also having aspergus with it. I can't wait to see how the potato salad is. It has red potatos, sweet potatos, cilantro, fat free mayo, onions, lemon zest, corriander, cumin and salt in it. It looks good. I have been finding really good things for the rest of the day too. Today I had grapefruit and yogurt for breakfast, at lunch I had Progresso Pot Roast soup and a huge salad. I have been using those spritzer dressings. They only have 10 calories for 10 sprays and that equals no points. I never even have to use all those sprays either. 5 seems to be plenty. I also bought some of those yummy little bars that are made by weight watchers that have either one or two points and if I get hungry for something sweet I can eat one of those. They really are good too. I have this whole weeks menu planned out but I will tell you about them after I eat them so I can tell you if it was good or not. So far I am liking the recipes I have tried.
I am getting really excited about next week. John is getting a ride home with friends and I am going to pick Josh up on Tuesday night. I can't wait to see them. I am so excited for my whole family to be together on Thanksgiving day! It has been months since I have had every one under one roof at one time! I love having them all together. We are having dinner over my in-laws like we always do. The twins love going over there cuz they love Grandma Lawrence's pumpkin pie! Oh yea they love her ham rolls too! I love those things too. I wonder how many points those little buggers have in them??
Well I need to go check on the chicken. Have a great night.
12 comments:
Sounds like your plan is doing well and you are enjoying the new recipes. Keep up the great work.
Just popping in to say hi.
Im thinking I might have to try weight watchers, people who do it are usually so enthusiastic and that's what I need! : )
B
I miss WW's (the meetings). It was such an encouragement to me to go and have that accountability, be in a room of others who faced the same struggles as I did, hear about how others were successful.
I loved the WW bars too...my favorite was a yogurt covered raisin one, I think they quit making it though. It was perfect though, if I didn't have anything for breakfast that I was wanting I'd have one of those, and if I wanted something sweet it did it for me!
Great job on the menu too! Your dinners sound great! I have a couple WW cookbooks, I need to pull them out and start making things from them!
I haven't found a WW recipe I didn't like yet.
Some of our favorites are turkey tetrazzini, baked ziti w/ meatballs, beef tacos, chicken enchiladas, potato soup. Yummo!
Sounds like you're doing incredibly well. Keep it up!
XOXO
Your dinners sound really good. I guess I should check into one of those cookbooks. They do have those little dinners in the freezer section and that is more my speed. You'll have to let us know how the potato salad was. I've never heard of that kind before. I'm excited too about being with all my family next week. I do miss them. 'On Ya'-ma
The recipes sound great! Very cool that it's good for the rest of the family, as well, and that they're enjoying them. Keep going!
Hugs, Beth
Have a good rest of your week.
yum, all that food you mentioned! WTG for keeping on plan and cooking some delicious sounding food (okay, don't visit my journal today; I posted cupcakes/cheesecake pictures)
so glad the whole family will be together for Thanksgiving! I bet you are sooo excited!!!
(personally, on the holiday, I'd eat reasonably and not worry too much about points that day, just get right back on track the next day :)
betty
Your recipes sound great and I could stand to lose 10 pounds or so after stop smoking! Ugh! I gained some weight but in a long run......I did the best thing for my health.
Whatever great recipes you find...please forward....
Kudos to you!
Hugs, Rose
Progresso makes the best soups ever!!!
Connie
I always grocery shop from a recipe/menu/list. It makes it so much easier and I almost always make the items because I know I have all the ingredients!
We have been eating the wheat pasta as well. It tastes like pasta!
xx
Post a Comment