I had seen so many books by Jodi Picoult in the stores and at the library that I thought I should get one of her books to see how I liked it. I know I was not supposed to get any more books till I finished the ones I already have but..........you didn't really think I could keep that oath did you? So I got My sister's keeper from the library. Has any one read this book. I am on page 110 and I am totally hooked. I am not sure I will sleep tonight. I am not even sure who's side I am on yet. I think Anna's. For sure Anna's but I can understand Sara. Ugh. So difficult. Don't tell me how it ends just tell me if you have read it and what you thought.
I loved the roasted chicken and the spaghetti stuff but I did not like the potato salad, I think it was the cilantro I didn't like but my husband loved it. Tonight was the pork chops with apples and sauerkraut. It was actually very good. Tomorrow is the stuffed cabbage. It uses turket meat. It sounds good and I can't wait to try it. So far my husband thinks weight watchers has awesome food. I do not have the heart to tell him that 3 helpings will not help him to lose weight!!
I weigh in tomorrow. I am nervous because although I have been doing really well I do not feel lighter this week. If not then ok I am not lighter but I will be lots lighter if I just keep it up. right? right!
9 comments:
You will be happy tomorrow after the weigh-in :o)
Boy, some of your recipes sound awesome too!
I don't care for cilantro either.
And if it makes you feel better, I gained 1.5 pounds this week. It's totally pre-menstrual bloat...but it's still disappointing.
Oh well, onward we go!
I've never read that book you mentioned...but it certainly sounds intriguing. I'm going to go look it up. :)
XOXO
Good luck tomorrow!
mmm chicken!
We will never hold you to reading what you already have, that would just be cruel. : )
I do love that book though, I wont say who I was rooting for till you are done.
Huugs
I read My Sister's Keeper! very interesting and wow, what an ending! I like Jodi Picoult's books; I just finished one but for the life of me can I remember the name of it?? I already returned it to the library otherwise I would have gone and looked for the title; anyway, its about a teen girl who says she's been raped by her boyfriend; that's all I say so if you are looking through her books and see that that is the theme, you'll know what I'm talking about; (dang it "sucks" getting old to forget the name of it)
good luck with your weigh in!! I know what you mean about feeling lighter; I can usually tell if I've lost weight week to week
I'm sure you will do great!!
betty
I have never read any books by that author. Let me know when you finish if you liked it.
Have you ever read any of Janet Evanovich's books?...especially the Stephanie Plum series? There are 14 books in the series, and I am reading number 14 right now, and just like all of them, I can't put it down! You will laugh your butt off, and the stories are simply awesome!
Connie
I've seen her books on the shelves too, but haven't read any. Maybe now I'll have to get one. Thanks for the tip. Hope your weigh in goes well. It sounds like you are eating well for sure. 'On Ya'-ma
I'M A BIG JODI FAN!!
I am also a Jodi Picoult fan...my 20 something niece turned me onto reading her books. Once I start reading them I can't stop. Evanovich, although totally at the other end of the spectrum, is another of my favorites.
Haven't seen the books but now you've peaked my intrest.
Post a Comment