Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quiet Saturday morning















I have no idea what I am doing up this early. Mark's alarm went off at 5am and I woke up when it went off. I got up to make coffee for him because he won't make it himself and I know he likes it so I got it going and was going to go back to bed but didn't. I am still up and online! Guess I must of been done sleeping.
John and I had a
marvelous time shopping yesterday. We didn't make it to the stores till a little after 8am. We had to go get something to eat first. Growing boys! Maybe I should say growing men! We went to quite a few different stores and John was able to do all of his shopping yesterday. He is very happy that he is all done and doesn't have to worry about it anymore. He can go back to school and take his finals and then come home and enjoy his Christmas break. Josh didn't want to get up and go so I guess he will have to do his shopping when he comes home for break. I got 90% of my shopping done so I am very pleased. I usually am not this close to done till Christams Eve!!
I was able to come home and get the house a little cleaned up before I had to leave to go get Aiden and Jeremy. Mark and I took Aiden to the Fantasy of Lights parade in downtown Ho
well last night. They have a 5k race before the start of the parade and John and Josh both ran in it last night. They have run in it every year. This was the first year that I have not run in it. Marks daugther, Kristen marched in the parade with her jr. high school band. Aiden loved the parade. It is a very pretty parade actually. All the floats are covered with Christmas lights. The fire trucks and school buses that are in the parade are totally covered with lights. I took some pictures and I will post some later, I just haven't put them on the computer yet. We went out to eat after the parade and Aiden was being a funny little boy. He cracks me up sometimes. He was taking the croutons off Marks salad and dipping them in the dressing that was on the salad (it was garlic and oil) He would show the crouton to me so I could see how much dressing it had on it before he put it in his mouth. Then he would pop it in his mouth and go "um um um, goooooood!" He was worn out by the time we got home so we just put our "cozies" on. Since the time Aiden was born (well it goes way back to when my kids were babies actually) I have loved the pj's that have feet in them and are fuzzy, warm. I have always called them "cozies" cuz that is what they feel like. I bought Aiden some new ones this week, he had outgrown the ones from last year. He was so excited that he had new ones (with spiderman on them!!!) He had to put them on right away. He told me "OH MY GOD Grandma, these are the best ones!" So he got to put them on and climb in bed and watch Sponge bob. And then he was out.....
And still is!
Today we don't have much planned. We were supposed to be going to a party this afternoon but since Mark has to work I dont think we are going to be able to make it. One of the ladies that is part o
f our camping group is having back surgery on Monday so they are having a little party at thier house today. I might go over for a little bit by myslef just to say Hi. But that is all that is on the agenda for the day. I hope you all have a wonderful day.








Aiden up on Marks shoulders watch

ing the parade with is sippy cup of hot chocolate!






























Floats from the parade.

7 comments:

D said...

glad you got the shopping done... the parade looks like a blast.
hugs

Tawnya said...

Aiden is so cute!!! Yeah today did not go like I wanted it to.... Grrr... Glad you had a good time shopping!!

betty said...

loved the pictures of the parade! looked like Aiden was having a great time; so glad you are getting to spend some time with him! loved his reaction to his cozies!!

WTG to you for getting so much shopping done plus having a great time with your son! such an added bonus!!!

enjoy the rest of your weekend

betty

Allison said...

Looks like a fun parade. Glad you got done with most of your shopping, I have done next to nothing in that department. I do love to shop so I will be out there again and again until the job get done! LOL Have a happy Sunday. : )

Bridgett said...

Very pretty parade!
And way to go, getting almost all your shopping done! :)
XOXO

Princess said...

glad you got most of your shopping done! the parade looked like it was a lot of fun! Hope your doing well!

Gillie said...

Got your shopping done, time with Aiden AND a parade! What a good day!
xx