
Well it is Monday morning and I am glad of it! My weekend was busy, I am glad to have a little rest! I thought weekends were for resting? Not this past one that is for sure.
I felt somewhat better on Friday morning. I went into work and stayed the whole day. After work I went to get Jeremy and Aiden. Aiden's costume was "Diego" and he didn't want to wear it. It was crabby when we first picked him up. I told him he didn't have to wear it if he didn't want and that quieted him down while we drove over to the neighbor hood that we used to live in. (We do not get any trick or treaters here at our new house, the houses are to far apart and the kids don't come down this street) We met my daughter (manda) and her boyfriend, Zac. We met at my girlfriends house. When Aiden saw all the kids dressed up and going up to the houses he decided that he was going to put his costume on and go get some candy. He got ALOT of candy. He was quite happy after he got the hang of what was going on. I am having a major issue, I can't find my camera. This really bums me out. I know the last time I had it was last Saturday when I went out to Grand Rapids to watch Josh run his race. I took pictures of him there. I remember seeing it sitting in the cup holder of Big Blue but now it is no where to be found. So I was unable to take pictures of anything this weekend. My daughter took alot but I have to wait for her to put them online and then I can get them.
Saturday we had Aiden's birthday party. I was running around all morning getting things ready for that. Aiden had such a good time. His cake was awesome. It was (of course) a Diego cake. It tasted even better than it looked! We had sloppy joes, antipasta salad and bread sticks. Cake and ice cream and snackages also! Aiden got lots of nice gifts. He didn't want to open his presents though. He acted like he was scared. But just like with the trick or treating, once he realized what was going on he was opening them like a pro. My sister and my nephew stayed the night and Kathy and I sat in the hot tub for over an hour, just talking and having some wine. It was a very pleasant evening.
Sunday was the work day. We brought the camper home from the camp ground. We worked all day on getting it cleaned out and washed up. The camper is all empty and the outside is all clean. I still have some cleaning to do on the inside, which I will get done this week. We will be taking it to my brother in laws house as soon as it is done to store for the winter. He has a camper also and we camp with them all summer. He has alot of land and they (my husband and him) made a spot where the two campers can be put on for the winter. It is almost like a really wide driveway, a big cement slab! So hopefully I will be done with that soon so we can get it over there and covered before the snow flies!
I am working afternoons for the next few weeks. The afternoon supervisor is having surgery this week and I need to cover the shift. I don't mind. They are a great crew and fun to work with. The change in time makes it go by faster also. As long as I don't have to do it for to long.
I will try to get some pictures from Manda and get them on here for you all to see. Have a great day.
9 comments:
We bought like 10.00 worth of candy and not one trick or treater!!
i begin to wonder if Halloween is dying out as a holiday?
glad you are feeling better; poor little Aidan, I think sometimes it does seem a bit overwhelming to them because they can't remember a lot from year to year at this age; next year he'll probably have remembered this year's Halloween and his birthday/gifts and be more receptive to party hardy from the start. I'm glad he eventually had a nice time and that the party went well; sounds like wonderful food!!!!
betty
Hope you find the camera. I know I'd be lost with out mine. I love to take pictures of everybody. My next chance will be Thanksgiving. I hope I remember to pack it. It is sad packing away the campers, but I've started my count down and there are now 166 days left until camping season begins. Knowing how the last 166 flew by, I'm hoping the next will too.
'On Ya'-ma
It's amazing, I've been reading about how dismal everyones trick-or-treaters were and I think I know why - They were all on our block. Happy to here Aiden finally joined in. Take care of you and yours always,
Katie
Wow!! What a busy weekend!! I am glad that Aiden got into the swing of things... I know that my daughter was like that for her first halloween that she knew what was going on. Her brother was Ronald Mc Donald and she was supposed to be a box of fries, but she refused to wear it until she saw all the other kids dressed up....
What a bummer to have to store the camper for the winter. I hate saying goodbye to summer, too. We got the patio furniture covered up this weekend, and that always means the end of summer for me. :(
Beth
Glad to hear your feeling better.
I hate when I have to put the camper away for the winter. I love camping so much it is so depressing rolling it away until spring.
Hope you find your camera.
Normally our street is swarming with Trick or Treaters, but not this year. It was nearly empty.
Crazy.
Glad you had a good weekend, even though it was busy. :)
XOXO
Glah you're feeling better. Hope you find your camera soon.
Post a Comment